Hormone Balancing Golden Milk Latte
Oh, Golden Milk. How I Love Thee!
If you're at all on the internet you've probably heard of Golden Milk. It's a delicious drink with turmeric and usually coconut and it's soooooo good!
Turmeric; in the same family as Ginger - is all the rage because of it's anti-inflammatory properties, studies show it may be helpful in fighting cancer, and it can actually help reduce pain. What's not to love about it. It's truly amazing. I even use it for menstrual cramps.
This recipe is one of my absolute favorites and I promise you're going to love it because not only does it taste incredibly delicious, it's also LOADED with hormone balancing herbs and spices.
I make this recipe at least four to five times a week. I especially love to sip it while I'm doing a Castor Oil Pack.
This recipe has:
- Ashwagandha - An adaptogenic herb great for adrenal fatigue and thyroid health
- Shatavari - An Ayurvedic tonic herb that nourishes the reproductive system or Maca - Libido stimulating, Hormone Balancing, nourishing for adrenals.
- Reishi or Maitake (great for those with Endometriosis) - Hormone Balancing, Anti-inflammatory, and soooo many other beneficial things. Look it up!
- Bone broth -Gut healing, nourishing, high in minerals and Hormone Balancing
- Gelatin - Also super gut healing and hormone balancing, great for skin, nails, and hair.
- 1 cup Nut milk (Coconut or Almond. I used Malk Unsweetened Almond Milk for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup Bone Broth
- 1/4 tsp. Shatavari or Maca
- 1/4 tsp. Ashwagandha powder
- 1 tsp. Reishi or Maitake powder
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- Pinch of Ginger Powder
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Ground pepper
- 1-2 Teaspoons of Gelatin
- Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Pink Salt
- 1-2 Medjool Dates or Raw Honey to taste
Over low/medium heat warm nut milk. Be sure it's warm enough to sip and not boiling. If you don't have a blender, add all ingredients to the pan and vigorously whisk Golden Milk together. For optimum taste, pour warm milk into a blender and add all spices and herbs. Blend on medium for 30 - 45 seconds depending on how frothy you like it.
Either enjoy warm or pour into a mason jar and store in the fridge until chilled and enjoy over ice.
-Shatavari does not need to be used long term. Instead, use for two to three weeks until you notice changes and then discontinue use. You can use Maca if you're looking for more of an energy boost.
-If you're going to enjoy it iced, I suggest leaving out the Coconut Oil and trying an MCT Oil instead.
-If using dates instead of Raw Honey, be sure they have been soaked and increase your blend time to at least one minute.